UX/UI Product Designer
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are currently seeking a UX/UI Product Designer to join our Software design team. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do:
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs, then translating them into engaging, simple, and intuitive design solutions and understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product interface and experience
- Advocating for the customer through human centered design methods, including: discovery, research, ideation, whiteboard sessions, and user testing
- Supporting design-led workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
- Proactively offers recommendation and solutions by championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Connecting with design community peers in service of learning, sharing, and teaching
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
Discovery & Delivery
- Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with design tools to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Participate in end-to-end product design by:
- Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
- Framing problems, determining insights, and defining visual designs to serve customer needs
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- At least 4 years of experience with User Experience design
- Designing for cross-channel experiences
- UI and visual design experience
- Comfortable presenting work to large audiences and stakeholders
- Experience in both UX and UI work
- Strong experience working closely with developers on implementing designs
- Experience working within a large Enterprise environment and collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Experience with design and prototyping tools, such as: Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Products
- Experience planning, executing, synthesizing, and presenting research with actionable next steps and recommendations
- Familiarity with working and contributing to and established design system
- Experience designing in multiple channels, including: iOS, Android, Web, and Email
- Ability to solve for complexity and scale design with system thinking and frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).