Reports to: Head of UX
Compensation Range: $70,000 to $125,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The growing UX team at Huntress is driven by our mission to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%, and our process reflects that. As a designer on our team, you will ensure a human-centered approach by gathering user feedback, designing thoughtful user journeys, and crafting efficient and easily consumable user interfaces. You will validate designs through user testing, surveys, and similar methods. You will help drive features by white-boarding, wherein designers, product managers, and engineers all collaborate to address details and edge cases of the user experience. As a fully remote design team, you will take part in virtual design critiques, where you will have the opportunity to give and receive feedback on design decisions.
The ideal designer is someone who is passionate about human-centered, empathy-driven, accessible, and inclusive product design.
- User Interface Design (Wireframing, low to high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes)
- UX Documentation (interaction rules, design system)
- User Research (Journey Maps, feedback review, interviews)
- Sitemap improvements (Information Architecture)
What You Bring To The Team:
- At least 3 years of experience in User Experience Design
- Skilled at expressing & communicating design rationale verbally or in writing
- Proficiency with design software (we use Figma at Huntress)
- Ability to gather and analyze quantitative & qualitative data
- Excellent web design skills
- Familiarity with human-computer interaction psychology principles
- Degree in design, psychology, computer science, or related field preferred
- Design Portfolio required for this position
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected] Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.