Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Our Enterprise Design Team is looking for a UX Writer with expertise concepting/designing efficient and effective experiences, delivering information in a direct, engaging, rewarding way. In this role, you will be responsible for designing the language of Rivian’s internal and external support apps.
- You will collaborate across the organization with brand strategists, writers, content creators, digital designers, engineers and product managers to define the overall content strategy.
- You will participate in user journey definition together with a cross functional team that includes designers, hardware and software engineers and industrial designers.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with Brand, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to ensure content is on-brand, legally compliant, and accessible.
- You will be responsible for documenting content interaction design and final UI copy.
- You will identify opportunities to test the usability of your content design and work with UX research to test your content designs and language.
- You will participate in usability studies on vehicle features, review findings, and use recommendations to improve your content design.
- You will help build UX writing standards and guidelines for future vehicle programs.
- At least 7 years of experience doing UX writing, content design, content strategy, or product writing.
- At least 3 years of experience being the lead or sole UX Writer for a product or feature.
- Experience with community building and brand storytelling
- Experience building and maintaining style guides
- Hands-on experience working with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Experience and a passion for championing the position of the end user to deliver best-in-class user experience.
- Experience working on nomenclature and product naming is a plus.
- Experience testing content strategy and UX writing is a plus.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.