Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A UX Researcher has a solid foundation in User Experience Research, is comfortable using a broad range of methods, and works as a partner and collaborator within a cross-functional setting. They conduct exploratory and evaluative research efforts to understand small business behaviors, needs, challenges, motivations, and mental models. They take what they learn, synthesize it and then surface insights and opportunities within their working group and beyond.
What you'll do here:
- You will partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other cross-functional teammates to provide research that supports the goals of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; align research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, and behaviors
- Apply both quantitative and qualitative research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Scope, plan, and execute research studies, with minimal support and guidance
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to product teams and stakeholders that surface recommendations and implications
- Partner with Product Analysts to synthesize large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, and needs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proficiency in discussion guide writing, interview moderating, survey design, and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience working with large scale data in mixed method research
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment preferred
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.