UX Researcher at Moveworks (Peninsula)
At Moveworks, we are redefining how enterprise users get work done with Natural Language Understanding technologies, and our User Experience team is committed to deliver a magical product experience. As a key member of the UX team, you will be the “doctor” of our product - doing regular check-ups to see if the experience is healthy, and can precisely articulate what are the top issues that need to be improved to drive product impact. You are someone who have strong attention to detail, and knows all the right scientific methodologies -- however, what really motivates you is when insights turn into product changes. You are not afraid to break out of conventional methods to innovate steadily. You know how to build effectively internal relationships to influence cross-functional teams, and balance out short term and long term research mandates to drive critical product impact.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to make an impact in an early-stage startup, we want to talk to you.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Included on the prestigious Forbes AI 50 list and named a leader in The Forrester New Wave, Moveworks uses advanced machine learning to resolve employees’ requests, whether they need IT support, HR help, or policy information. We’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times recognized Moveworks as one of the Best Workplaces of 2021. This is a unique chance to join the team as a key player in our growth strategy. If that sounds like fun, we can’t wait to start this journey together!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify research topics and design studies
- Conduct research studies that help to understand user motivation and behavior patterns, for example
- Craft and design surveys and interview plans
- Analyze user data and synthesize reports
- Define quantitative metrics that help to monitor certain user behaviors
- Generate insights that inspire product experience ideations, iterations and evaluations
- Present results in various formats to different stakeholders (internal & external) to drive actionable insights forward
What you bring to the table:
- Background in fields related to Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Sciences, Psychology
- 3+ years of UX research experience (industry experience)
- Thrive in a fast moving and dynamic working environment with quick iteration cycles
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to navigate unstructured problems with minimal oversight and process
- Expertise in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. More importantly know when to apply which techniques and in which combinations to answer difficult product questions
- Successful track record of collaborating with a cross-functional team of designers, PMs, analytics, Engineer to research and inform product decisions
- Strong communication skills to distill research insights clearly and persuasively across different audiences
- Strong team player - able to receive and give feedback effectively
- (Optional) Basic knowledge of Conversational UI and Machine Learning systems
- (Optional) Prior product design or copy writing experience