Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to establish the foundations of a strong UX function. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond Product Design to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design.
Returnly is seeking a talented and curiosity-driven individual to join our User Experience Research team. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can work cross-functionally to better understand the needs, behaviors, and desires of shoppers and merchants alike to deliver the best return process possible.
What you'll do
- Lead research for one of our product areas, including identifying impactful projects and prioritizing initiatives
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Partner with designers, content strategists, PMs, and engineers to identify research needs and build a research roadmap.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
What we look for
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
- Experience conducting a wide breadth of qualitative user research methodologies.
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- 3+ years experience conducting research within product organizations, preferably with direct to consumer e-commerce platforms.
- Experience working as a part of a Product Design organization, comfortable participating in design critiques, reviews, and pushing designers to think with a user-centric mindset.
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.