UX Researcher - Horizontal Insights, Quant at Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
At Cash App, UX Researchers work closely with cross-functional partners to build world-class, end-to-end features that solve many of the world's most important and interesting financial problems for millions of customers. We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. The UX Research team is at the frontier of shaping new and innovative solutions across categories like personal finance, commerce, crypto, community and culture.
In this role you will
- Set new standards and be bold in your approach as you will be one of the first few members of our quantitative research team
- Lead quantitative research initiatives that are cross-functional with teams like Product, Marketing and Data Science to build and improve the products on our app
- Investigate user behavior and user needs using quantitative research methods such as log data analysis, surveys and regression analysis
- Be an integral part of developing robust sampling and weighting methodologies for various populations and projects, and streamlining the quantitative research process via automation and standardization
- Build in research at multiple stages of the product development process to help our Product and Research partner teams understand their customers' perceptions and achieve strategic goals
- Partner with your qualitative partners to help advise and support on survey methodology and sizing.
- 8+ years of shown expertise in a relevant field, e.g., user experience research, market research
- Experience with data science tools, e.g., the application of statistical modeling, machine learning, natural language processing to big data
- Experience in psychometric analysis, cognitive testing, and/or developing frameworks & mental models
- Expertise in applying end-to-end survey methodology, e.g., survey design (including sampling and weighting, bias correction), principled questionnaire construction, instrumentation, and standard methodologies, to company, business, and product goals
- Expert knowledge of survey and experiment design, and have a strong, working understanding of survey methodology, statistical inference, regression modeling, exploratory data analysis, and mathematical demography
- Comfortable creating, or working with others to create, dashboards that tie key survey results to key metrics
- Experience working with DS/ENG to design experiments or A/B tests
- Strong understanding of foundational descriptive and frequentist inferential statistics, e.g., experimentation, hypothesis testing, correlation vs causation
- Experience in programming languages commonly used for data manipulation and statistical analysis
- re reflective of the user experience, connecting user research to behaviors and/or revenue
- Project scoping & management: Ability to transform ambiguous problem spaces into research plans that are flexible to external deadlines and priority adjustments, and to drive projects from initiation to completion, in an organized manner that involves close collaboration and frequent communication with diverse groups of technical and non-technical partners.
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.