UX Research Internships (UX Research, Research Operations) at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We are the Experience Organization (EO)! We are made up of Product UX Designers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, Design Operations, Design Technologists and Visual Designers.
We are successful because of the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
We are looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week summer internship opportunities all over the U.S. across various business functions.
Interns will participate in executive speaker series, career development workshops, philanthropic efforts, and team building activities. Additionally, interns will have access to LinkedIn Learning online and dedicated Summer Coach to further grow their careers with us!
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience/
Why should you intern @ ServiceNow?
Here's what recent EO interns had to say about working at ServiceNow:
- "I got to work on real projects and was able to directly add value to existing products, and see my work go live in a release!"
- "We had regular one-on-one meetings, where we talked about my progress and if I needed any additional help."
- "I really enjoyed the flexibility and independence my manager gave me. I was able to be more creative and perfect my craft along the way."
- "I was really glad to have important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks"
- "Face-to-face exposure to senior execs and having candid conversations to learn about the company, helpful team, autonomy to learn and drive my own projects"
- "I've formed relationship during the summer that I know I will maintain throughout life. Putting yourself out there and letting your ambition shine results in the most rewarding experiences"
Our UX Research internship opportunities include:
UX Research Intern
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered via various research methodologies from discovery through design validation techniques
- Participate in planning and facilitation, analysis and reporting on various research initiatives.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed to your core team.
- Partner closely with Sr UX staff to help influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Support design formative or summative validation through iterative usability testing
Research Operations Intern
- Partner closely with Design and Research team to evaluate effectiveness and impact of our existing programs
- Represent the needs of research team by gathering various research/data points from discovery techniques and measurement strategies to help refine and improve our programs for the coming year.
- Create, plan, and manage your own data driven research project
- On occasion, you may play a research assistant role by, supporting user researchers in moderating studies, taking notes, creating transcriptions, or editing
- Pursuing a graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees
- Graduating December 2023, or later
- Able to work full time for 12 weeks during the summer (May - September)
- Experience successfully applying customer-centered research and mixed design methods, highly preferred
- Working knowledge of planning, developing and conducting User Research and Testing
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .