UX Research Internships (UX Research, Research Operation) - Advanced Degrees at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for our 6,200 enterprise customers around the world. In fact, we’re honored to call 80% of the Fortune 500, our customers.
We are successful because of the collective minds of diverse individuals within the Experience Organization, contributing to building innovative software that make workflows smarter. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in all our products.
We’re e looking for students who want to learn, grow, and take a giant step early in their career, all while making a giant impact. We offer 12-week summer internship opportunities across various business functions.
Interns will participate in executive speaker series, career development workshops, philanthropic efforts, and team building activities. Additionally, interns will have access to LinkedIn Learning online and dedicated Summer Coach to further grow their careers with us!
Who YOUR TEAM is
We’re the Experience Organization! We are made up of Product UX Designers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, Design Operations, Design Technologists and Visual Designers.
Where we are hiring
- Bay Area (HQ-Santa Clara)
- San Diego
Our UX Research internship opportunities:
UX Research Intern
- Represent the needs of customers and their end users, gathered via various research methodologies from discovery through design validation techniques
- Participate in planning and facilitation, analysis and reporting on various research initiatives.
- Communicate your findings through artifacts such as personas, journeys, task analyses, etc. as needed to your core team.
- Partner closely with Sr UX staff to help influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Support design formative or summative validation through iterative usability testing
Research Operations Intern
- Partner closely with Design and Research team to evaluate effectiveness and impact of our existing programs
- Represent the needs of research team by gathering various research/data points from discovery techniques and measurement strategies to help refine and improve our programs for the coming year.
- Create, plan, and manage your own data driven research project
- On occasion, you may play a research assistant role by, supporting user researchers in moderating studies, taking notes, creating transcriptions, or editing videos.
Who YOU are:
- Pursuing a graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related degrees
- Graduating December 2022, or later
- Some working or project experience successfully applying customer-centered research and mixed design methods
- Working knowledge of planning, developing and conducting User Research and Testing
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent the ServiceNow brand
- Working knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, and experimental design
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.