Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a UX Research Associate on Community, you will drive the understanding of communities and moderation on Reddit. You'll partner with our community, product and design teams to understand users and how we can improve their experiences. As a researcher on our community program, you will be responsible for leading mixed methods research studies. You're someone who loves to help teams find specific opportunities and meaningfulness, as well as convey the information they need to effectively direct products, policies and programs to better serve users.
In this role, you will lead and manage research sprints to identify customer needs and develop insights. You are a strong and empathetic partner within the research craft community, an excellent communicator, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding people and their use of products.
You bring expertise in mixed methods research on a sprint cycle delivery schedule.
What You’ll Do:
- Interviews: Remote semi-structured individual
- Some light survey work to support participant recruiting
- Finalizing study plans and securing research participants
- Executing study plans and collecting data
- Synthesizing findings and communicating results
- Perform cognitive testing and design survey instruments
Who You Might Be:
- MA/MS/PhD in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 3+ years of work experience in user research / related fields.
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly to turn around high-quality research insights.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible, adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Knowledge of user experience methodologies.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams involving data scientists, product managers and community professionals
- A deep desire to apply research towards expanding what’s possible and improving the world.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].