*This position can be remote within the US*
What we are looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a User Experience Designer with a passion for solving highly technical business problems. Our products collect millions of data points a day — it’s our job to make that data easy for our users to comprehend and take appropriate actions.
You’ll be involved in every step of the design process — working collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering leads, as well as senior members of the UX team, on both strategic and tactical design projects. You’ll also lead smaller projects, working alone or with junior members of the UX team, to bring these solutions to life. You'll take an active role in validating and testing our designs throughout the implementation process. You may take the lead in testing efforts with our users. You’ll assist in, and possibly lead, implementing the next version of Ping, ScienceLogic’s design system.
We are a distributed design team working with customers, stakeholders, and development teams all over the world. This position reports to the Manager, UX Design.
What you’ll be doing…
- Help to drive the strategy and vision of a product by delivering a consistent end-to-end experience for our customers in a product that is sophisticated and complex
- Collaborate and build partnerships with UX and other product team members, internal stakeholders, and of course: our customers and users.
- Lead smaller strategic design projects
- Lead tactical design projects — embedded with 1 or 2 Scrum Teams to help with design and validation.
- Work with architects and engineers to assess the feasibility of our designs and make compromises during implementation.
- Assist with UX Strategy and DesignOps
Qualities you possess…
- Great storytelling abilities and compelling presentation skills. You can clearly articulate the design problem, the tradeoffs you've made in your solution, and the impact of different approaches.
- Willing and able to come up to speed quickly in a complex domain. You have the curiosity and willingness to dive into the technical details when needed.
- Aptitude for workshop and participatory design session facilitation
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional team collaboration.
- Strong prioritization skills: you understand that sometimes a solution requires pixel-perfect designs representing every edge case, and at other times that a few rough sketches are more than enough.
- You are comfortable making decisions without all the information, and can quickly regroup once a misstep is discovered.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
Experience and Education
- One or more years’ experience on a cross-functional product team — designing technical products: enterprise applications, complex data visualizations, or developer tools
- Advanced degree in UX, HCI, UXD, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar - or equivalent work experience.
- Experience prototyping with Figma — we need you to be able to hit the ground running with our current toolset
- Experience working with distributed design/development teams preferred
- An online portfolio is not required, but we will want to review case studies or other examples of your previous work.
This will get our attention...
- You have some understanding of cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, Axure of Google Cloud
- You have some understanding of IT and Network Infrastructure
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps platform sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.