UX designer at Zuora (Remote)
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).Overview
At Zuora, UX Designers work with partners in design, product management, and development to create amazing user experiences. UX Designers understand human-computer interaction principles, have an eye for clean and artful design, and possess strong interaction design skills. UX Designers can translate high-level product and user requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into elegant, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Partners product management and development to envision and execute on new and improved user experiences through wireframes, mood boards, high fidelity mockups, clickable prototypes, and written specifications.
- Considers the holistic user experience, all potential states (errors, success, dead ends) within a workflow. Works with other UX designers to expand approaches to the whole product.
- Independently creates, evaluates, and refines ideas and concepts.
- Works closely with product managers, developers, and designers within a product to ensure a unified experience.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the design process and design systems in applying that process to their work.
- Implements and contributes to the Design System. Knows how to implement new designs based on the pattern library and Design System.
- Works with their delivery team alongside their product and engineering counterparts. Contributes their expertise to their team's roadmap and goals by providing input from a user's perspective, and ensures they are pursuing achievable, measurable, and impactful goals.
- Helps develop product goals and can explain how their work relates to the broader product vision.
- Demonstrates proficiency of one or more core interaction design skills.
- Designs functional yet elegant experiences.
- Actively participates in design sessions.
- Actively participates and shares work at Design Critiques.
- Continually seeks to improve their skills in human-computer interaction and software design.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations. Communicates design ideas/concepts, goals and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project. Communicates rationale to partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other relevant degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing UI and UX for software
- Proficiency in one or more design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Axure, etc.
- Solid understanding of software development principles
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to company specific tools for configuration and deployment
- Deep understanding of the business and development impact of design changes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.