UX Designer at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:39 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As a UX Designer, you will help delight our customers by applying your talents to the translation of complex human-robot interactions into elegant design solutions. You will work alongside a team devoted to excellence, committed to collaboration, and focused on helping users maximize the power of AI to protect service members, first responders, and civilians.
What you'll do:
- Partner with program management and business teams to solve for customer needs
- Conduct competitive and industry research to understand the needs, pain points, and use cases of our customers
- Work at the intersection of design and development to translate product requirements into design specifications, user journey maps and workflows
- Design low-fidelity mockups and rapid prototypes for user testing and iteration
- Lead customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
Projects that you might work on:
- User Experience design for our V-BAT ground control station and app
- User Experience design for V-BAT teaming
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Strong knowledge of and passion for user-centered design principles
- Experience designing user experiences, from mockups to functional prototypes
- Keen eye for details, color use, typography, and consistency in design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Creative and excited about working on products to further the Shield AI mission
- User Experience degree, Human Factors degree, Human Computer Interaction degree, portfolio showcasing at least to product design pieces
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate)
Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) was founded in 2015. It has 345 total employees. To see all jobs at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate), click here.
Read Full Job Description