UX Designer at Lightspeed POS (Providence, RI)
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Champion of form and function, you care equally about aesthetics, utility and users. Visual communication is in your DNA. You speak in patterns and love the power of well thought out design systems. You bring clarity to the big picture and simultaneously care deeply about the details.
As a UX Designer at NuORDER, you’ll collaborate with our Product and Development teams and own the visual design strategy of our design process, bringing continuity to the user experience--helping us create real value to the large brands and 1000s of users who use our platform everyday. The ideal candidate will have experience with design systems at enterprise applications.
For this role, you should be located in Canada or the US. We offer a choice of fully remote, partially remote or fully office-based work environments (in cities with local offices).
= = = = = = = = =
- Drive the evolution of our design system--defining complex patterns, building modular components, creating documentation, continued iteration--and the distribution for use by fellow team members to scale and deliver quality user experiences that enable consistency in design deliveries.
- Ensure final mockups are pixel perfect before development handoff
- Partner with the UX team to help iterate and translate design proposals into fully realized and rendered deliverables
- Work with other designers to evangelize and enforce new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Collaborate with front end development teams to ensure feasibility and fidelity of your ideas
- 2+ years of experience in Visual Design
- 1+ years of experience working on design systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (Web, Mobile)
- Highly proficient with Figma for design and prototyping
- Firm understanding of design fundamentals and with a meticulous eye
- Experience working with development team (coding a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ecommerce, Fintech and/or B2B SaaS experience a plus
- Above all, you're an advocate for consistency with enough flexibility to accommodate criticism and change.
Please provide a portfolio of work you're proud of. Design System related work is preferred.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and let’s have a chat!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.