Bobbie is creating a parenting culture of confidence, not comparison. And it starts with how we choose to feed our babies. We crafted our European style infant formula with purposefully sourced, organic ingredients to give parents a product they are proud to feed their babies, direct to their doorstep. Bobbie is proud to be the only US formula that is designed to meet both FDA and EU standards.
Although 83% of parents turn to formula in the first year of their baby’s life, this is the silent majority that is often shamed for not being able to exclusively breastfeed. Co-founded by two moms and created by a team of mom scientists, nutritionists, pediatricians, and lactation consultants, the Bobbie team knows first hand that there is no one size fits all for feeding. With Bobbie, we hope you can Bottle Boldly.
Do you love solving customer problems? Are you passionate about modern parenting? We are looking for an experienced UX Designer Team Lead with extraordinary problem-solving aptitudes, well-defined communication skills, and solid design instincts who can interpret business needs into extraordinary customer-focused solutions for Bobbie’s eCommerce platform.
As UX Designer Team Lead, you will work across our teams to design the experiences and interactions for hibobbie.com and other Bobbie digital products. You’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. This includes creating user flows, user interface mockups and prototypes, scalable design patterns, and the ability to expand upon our internal design system to ensure efficient and scalable product development.
Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring imaginative ideas and fresh methodologies to each project they work on. They are approachable, flexible, and prosper in collaborative work environments.
What you will do:
- Analyze UX problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business requirements and goals
- Incorporate market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design
- Rapidly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups throughout the design process
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Present design work to the UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as executive leadership and project stakeholders
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of digital designers
What we would like you to have:
- Experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch and industry standard Prototyping Tools is required
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process
- Ability to obtain user data and research (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
- You have experience at a startup and experience working within Kanban processes
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers to design solutions that are feasible and functionally sound
While also being:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience using Sketch and Figma as design and prototyping tools
- Adaptive to new technology quickly and are always looking for opportunities to hone your skills in a hyper-growth environment
- Proactive in sharing your expertise and ideas
- A strong communicator and team player, ensuring alignment at all levels
At Bobbie, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Bobbie is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.