UX Designer II (Remote) at Renaissance
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.Job Description
Our UX Designers at Renaissance are responsible for bringing our mission to accelerate learning to life by empathizing with the needs and behaviors of students and educators and innovating solutions for them through design.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills.
In this role you will:
- Partner with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Create high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- Leverage, foster and extend the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials.
- Contribute to the adaptation of Renaissance UX tools, methodology, and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Create opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals.
For this role you should have:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the study of Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or related field, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 4+ years experience in digital product design.
- A thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Experience working in an Agile environment or juggling multiple projects, deadlines, teams and/or clients
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Experience in Education is a plus!
- Fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $72,600-$108,900 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability or for religious reasons.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.