About Hazel Health
Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and to ensure that all children and adolescents can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide physical and mental health care services to nearly 2 million students in school districts across the United States.
Telehealth is now more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: UX Design Lead (PST)
Location: Remote (Redmond, WA)
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a UX Design Lead to help scale, advance, and manage Product Design and User Research at Hazel. You will collaborate closely with cross functional teams from discovery to delivery to enable best in class experiences across students, parents, school staff, our own stellar healthcare providers, case managers, external providers, and more. Your role is integral to supporting growth, identifying and addressing needs & opportunities and ultimately improving the health and well-being of the children/youth we serve.
We are reimagining equitable physical and mental health care pathways with K-12 students at the center. If you’re looking for a role where your work will impact the lives of millions of children across the country, we would like to meet you.
- Represent UX as lead on product teams, partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional peers
- Designing, delivering and measuring intuitive and meaningful product experiences including user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and production ready designs.
- Advancing best practices, scalable processes and design systems for a product offering that spans multiple web and mobile applications, in-school medical carts, and healthcare services.
- Plan, facilitate and participate in discovery workshops, usability tests, interviews and ongoing interactions with key stakeholders, customers, and other users to develop informed user-centric solutions.
- Cultivating UX research capabilities to develop innovative and impactful healthcare solutions that enable improved health and wellbeing for students at school and at home.
- Building strong cross-functional relationships and influence across the organization.
- 6 years of Product/UX design experience working in a rapid growth environment.
- A compelling portfolio and/or case studies demonstrating abilities throughout the product development process, from discovery to successfully delivering great product experiences.
- A strong track record of collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional teams.
- Deep understanding of the tools and techniques across web and mobile, and an understanding of the applicability of a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; systems thinking with the ability to distill complex problems into simple documentation tailored to the audience.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and balance user needs with business objectives, viability, and technical feasibility.
- BS or MS in design, human-computer interaction, psychology, cognitive science, information science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Bonus: experience with healthcare, service design, patients, and/or clinical workflows.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people - our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage on day one of employment
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- Home office setup including a Macbook, iPad (depending on role), and internet and phone reimbursement for remote positions
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.