UX Consultant, Creator Workflows at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
This role is part of the Creator Workflows and Platform Expert Services team and will be a functional and technical expert on ServiceNow's front-end technologies. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about the intersection of human needs and business impact. They thrive in a fluid work environment, is a self-motivated partner/leader, and a hands-on maker who works across a variety of industries, and can synthesize diverse perspectives. An exceptional designer OR developer with some capability in the other discipline will also be considered.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build ServiceNow user experiences considering customer design, responsiveness, and WCAG 2.1 accessibility (HTML, CSS, AngularJS, SASS, Bootstrap 3, JSON, REST APIs) across all ServiceNow solutions.
- Lead customer design workshops around Service Portal, Workspace, and Mobile
- Transform co-created future state narrative design into an experience, then enhance and refine through validation of design concepts
- Act as a liaison between customer and third-party design/creative teams and customer leadership and stakeholders to ensure optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security
- Draft technically focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy, and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Create and deliver front-end solutions that consider long-term technical architecture, process design, and ServiceNow technical standards
- Support the engagement efforts related to Platform wide process definition, re-engineering, improvement, and gap analysis of current/future-state processes and functionality during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow Front End capabilities in their efforts to improve their existing processes and user experiences
- Guide and provide ad-hoc oversight and enablement for the customer's future administrators throughout the engagement
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promote continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Support specific sales activities when required
- Provide training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 30% travel, depending on customer needs and internal meetings.
- At least 5 years of configuration or development experience - ServiceNow app dev, web development, integrations, ServiceNow portal, workspace, and mobile solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons, and risks) in complex and varied customer environments, while providing thought leadership to customer sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Experience with Web Technologies (HTML, Web Services, Bootstrap 3, CSS, etc.) and working with SaaS technologies
- Applying a User-Centered Design mindset and methodology when working on product designs
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, and ability to operate within a culturally diverse environment
- Proven team player and team builder
- Preferred multiple language proficiency in English, and Spanish or Portuguese
- Bachelor's degree or certifications (Human-Computer Interaction or a related field)
- Experience in conceptualization, design strategy, UX, and art direction of prototypes
- Familiarity with collaboration, design, and prototyping tools such as Miro, Sketch, inVision, Figma, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with user research such as:
- Conducting User Interviews, Usability Studies, Card Sorting, Surveys, etc.
- Formulating data into a presentable format of personas, research findings, and customer journey maps
- Understanding native mobile, web application, and responsive web design experience
- Command of design basics: readability, iconography, color, and spatial relationships
- ServiceNow certifications such as System Administrator (CSA), Application Development (CAD), Service Portal, and Virtual Agent are beneficial
For positions in California (outside of the Bay Area), we offer a base pay of $111,960 - $195,840, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements). Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location. For individuals who will be working in the Bay Area, there is a pay enhancement for positions located in that geographical area; please contact your recruiter for additional information.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.