User Experience Designer at Hoverstate (Salt Lake City, UT)
This is a remote, work from home position. The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer is a proven UX/ UI professional responsible for working on web applications and mobile apps to develop and prototype thoughtful, innovative, and outstanding user experiences that exceed client expectations. Working with a dynamic team of UX/UI professionals you will help our clients as they navigate the consumerization of healthcare—taking this slow-to-innovate sector from what it was, to what it should be. The right candidate has 6+ years of UI/UX design, is excited to solve problems, is an unrelenting advocate for the user, and has the experience or passion to think beyond User Experience all the way to Customer Experience.
If that sounds like you, get in touch! Experience is important, but passion is required. And the ability to find the perfect GIF to express your feelings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process flows, user journeys, wireframes for web applications and mobile apps in the Health and Wellness space (and beyond)
- Participate in product development (brainstorming new products, features, etc)
- Collaborate with UX Director, Creative Director, Sr. UI Designers, Project Managers and direct exposure to clients
- Create, update, and maintain standards and best practices within a tight knit team eager to always-be-improving
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years UI/UX experience either at an agency or in-house doing some or all of the things that are listed in the roles and responsibilities section above :)
- Demonstrated expertise in wireframing software, best practices, documentation, and communication of concepts in a clear, engaging way
- Experience in a client-facing role ideal but not required
- High level understanding of and experience with:
- Google suite of tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or equivalent
- Figma and Sketch + Invision workflows
- Adobe Creative Suite including:
- InDesign (yes, that’s weird but we do have to make legal documentation of some of our projects…)
- Added Bonus:
- Experience with Pega
- User testing experience, including test creation and analysis, in addition to an understanding of different types of testing, when to use them, etc.
- Cloud-based prototyping tools (on top of Figma and InVision)
- Any other tools we’ve never heard of that will blow our minds
What Hoverstate Offers
Pay | competitive compensation package
Health | generous healthcare benefits
PTO | unlimited vacation, paid holidays, sick and bereavement leave, and parental leave
401K | company contributions 100% vested as soon as you start contributing
Relocation | relocation assistance
Continuing Education | yearly stipend for your choice of ongoing education, conference attendance, training or certification
Growth | join Hoverstate for the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, well-established business that offers accelerated recognition and rewards, where you’ll see your contributions and great ideas directly impact our business
Environment | fun, friendly, collaborative, innovative, fast, yet professional!
Networking | regular, personal interaction with the Hoverstate senior leadership team and senior leadership of our clients.
Hoverstate is a digital consultancy with offices in California (Woodland Hills), Texas (Lubbock), Utah (Lehi) and Italy (Turin) specializing in Health and Life Sciences. We focus on: delivering customer-centric transformation and innovative digital products, forward-thinking technology strategies, leveraging compliant technologies, developing rock-solid code, testing our products with a robust QA team/automation, then backing it all with marketing support. If there is a problem to be solved in the digital space, Hoverstate can solve it.
Since 2008, Hoverstate has counted world-renowned health insurance and life sciences companies among our roster of clients. Our focused expertise keeps our clients on top of changes in policy, privacy rules and usability for their customers. Our mission is to continually create best-in-class user experiences through our robust design and testing practices, backed by some pretty impressive feats of technology, to bring this slow-to-innovate sector into the 21st century.
Hoverstate + Pega: A Long History. Hoverstate has been a Certified Pega partner since 2013. Every day we leverage Pega’s adaptable architecture to deliver applications to our clients in record time while creating outstanding user experiences with meaningful business results. Thanks to our extensive experience, and proven ability to execute Pega projects the "Pega Way", we were chosen as one of the first Pega Ventures funded partners in 2017. That means we have the full backing and endorsement of Pegasystems.