FIGS is looking for an awesome UI/UX Product Designer to join our Ecommerce Design Team. The UI/UX Product Designer will be responsible for creating and communicating concepts, implementing strategies, building/maintaining design systems and developing interactive customer flows and experiences. The role will report directly to the Director of UI/UX.What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and visual designers to develop design system and ensure integrity in final products
- Deliver and maintain consistent design system for all user journeys and visual spec guidelines
- Write documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied in code and design
- Working with 3rd-party agencies to define and inspect design specs
- Be responsible for researching and designing thoughtful and seamless experiences that delight end users and customers
- Provide pixel-perfect static and interactive mockups.
- Create wireframes and prototypes focused on solving various business problems
- Continuously collect and review customer data and feedback for optimization opportunities
- Work with a matrixed and collaborative team, balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills
- Own communication and negotiation of critical path and scope with team members, partnering with stakeholders to ensure shared understanding
- Lead a project or group of projects with limited hand holding and guidance
- Provide product design insights through innovative research methodologies
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand methodologies and work
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive visual framework to establish consistent aesthetics
- Work with the product team to develop AB tests to improve the experience
- 5-7 years of experience as a Product Designer, Visual Designer, UX/UI Designer, or a similar role (at least 2 years of design systems experience required)
- Proficiency in product design software including Figma(Sketch, Zeplin) and other visual design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite. Principle,After Effects or ProtoPie is a plus
- Online portfolio with specific examples of high quality UX/UI, Design System and Visual Design work reflecting individual design thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers
- Possess a deep knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design
- Excellent visual design skills
- Proficient understanding of cross-viewport compatibility issues
- Informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication, and the ability to present them eloquently and concisely
- Display fanatical attention to detail and possess the organizational skills required to manage numerous projects and deliverables across different teams and organizations in a fast-moving environment
- Possess and exhibit cultural awareness and sensitivity in order to land communications with a diverse global audience
- Be a teammate with refined and assertive leadership skills and the ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy
- Have excellent oral/written communication, project management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
- Previous Ecommerce experience(fashion/lifestyle) is a plus
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome (like our scrubs)
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.