At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Specialist Principal - PWB Designer
What You'll Do:
- Work in a team environment providing layout and documentation support for Aerospace/RF/Mil-Spec and commercial PCB designs.
- Tasks may include schematic capture, component placement, trace routing and documentation.
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Structural and Thermal Analysts, Materials and Process Control, PWB Fabrication and PWA manufacturing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 18 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 16 or more years of experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum of 8 years PCB design experience utilizing Mentor Expedition and/or Cadence Allegro ECAD software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools and Mentor Graphics, Cadence Allegro PCB Design and schematic capture tools, Gerbtool, Valor, BluePrint and AutoCAD.
- Candidate must be familiar with MIL-STD and IPC PWB Design specifications.
- Knowledge of GD&T is beneficial.
- Must be capable of ECAD library part creation and programming skills are a plus.
- Must be able to correctly interpret input and work directly on a wide variety of design technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with signal integrity issues, current carrying capabilities, blind and buried via, imbedded passives, microvia and HDI requirements are a must.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $42.79 - $57.93 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.