Technical Game Designer at People Can Fly (Remote)
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!Job Description
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization, until delivery of the game
- Creating player's interaction with the world and enemies
- Playing attention to mechanics introduced to the game and cooperating with the departments of animation, sound, GFX, and programming, to make sure that these mechanisms are fun and engaging, and at the same time represent the highest visual and sound quality
- Cooperating with programmers on how features should be implemented and defining what should be data-driven and what shouldn't
- Providing clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams
- Implementing player character with animations and behavior using animation blueprints, montages, visual effects & sound effects using various scripting systems in relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
- Acting as a first-person of contact with all technical game design issues and be able to determine when something can be manageable in script, and when it should be handled in code by programmers team
- Creating detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offering solutions,
- Attending playtests and being solution-oriented to the problem encountered
- 3+ Years of professional game design/scripting experience
- Experience in game design – both practice and theory (paper design and implementation)
- Experience with visual scripting systems or other experience with programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Solid theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in-depth understanding of major elements of game design
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Ability to prioritize and deliver best quality work under a tight schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
Nice to have
- Knowledge and passion for RPG genre games
- Working proficiency with Unreal Engine Editor
- Shipped AAA title experience
- Former programming experience
What we offer
- What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities