Technical Design Coordinator at FIGS
FIGS is looking to hire a Technical Design Coordinator to support our Tech Design teams! The Technical Design Coordinator supports the team in measuring samples to ensure all development is completed with accuracy and efficiency. This person will work with fit model agencies to schedule fittings and support the team with updating the WIP with production information. This position reports into the Senior Plus Technical Designer.
- Measure samples to evaluate specs
- Work with fit model agencies to schedule fittings.
- Update WIP with product information such as sample tracking numbers and sample status.
- Communicate issues effectively to the manager, other cross-functional teams and vendors
- Assist the Dept. Manager in other departmental projects, as requested
- AA or B.S./B.A. in Fashion Technical Design preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Proactive Team player who can take on projects with initiative and a sense of urgency
- Good time management and organizational skills required
- Must show strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow through with task completion
- Knowledge of how to measure a garment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Google docs, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, Illustrator.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.