Technical Animator at CD PROJEKT RED (Remote)
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.Job Description
We are looking for a Technical Animator to join our Gameplay Animation team. Working tightly with Animators, Riggers, Coders and Designers, a person on this position is responsible for the animation part of gameplay mechanics. That includes in-game implementation, optimization, maintenance, debugging and setting assets requirements, in order to reach the best looking visual results.
- In-game implementation and optimization of gameplay animation features and assets in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Developing and improving in-game animation systems and tools in cooperation with Animation Programmers.
- Prototyping the visual part of new gameplay mechanics in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Animation assets updates using Maya, MotionBuilder or Python batch tools.
- Participation in Motion Capture sessions, in order to keep the acting performance within the gameplay requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining the animation workflow, folders, naming conventions, and engine-related structures.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Shipped titles and/or own prototypes and researches in one of the major game engines.
- Knowledge of next-gen game animation systems architecture.
- Animation graphs techniques - State machines, Blend Trees, Blendspaces and Procedural Animation constructions.
- Experience with keyframe animation and motion capture data, animation principles and body mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of Coding and/or Scripting. (C++, C#, Python), to be able to read and update game code and scripts.
- Passion for making games.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.