Tech Artist at Glu Mobile (acquired by Electronic Arts in April 2021)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:36 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
At the CrowdStar Studio, we believe there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. Our goal is to build products that engage, enrich, and empower women. With our two top-grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are changing how women interact with games. We are changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, and furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate about creating fun and engaging games for women, and also enriching lives outside of the game.
Crowdstar has an immediate need for a Technical Artist with professional games production experience.
As our Tech Artist, you will be primarily responsible for creating tools that speed the workflow of the 3D art team, as well as creating scripts and other tools to optimize our enormous, growing library of over 30 thousand furniture items in Design Home - the world’s leading Interior Design Game.
Furthermore, you will be a driving force in the development of future visual improvements to the look and feel of the game, from shaders, rendering and beyond.
- Excellent communication with a patient and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to work seamlessly with a team of 3D artists and engineers, and independently
- BS/BA in Computer Science/BA in Digital Media or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing software tools in C# and Python
- Experience working with engineers in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Demonstrated experience working in Unity or equivalent Game Engine
- Proficiency in Maya, 3D Studio Max or similar 3D art creation package
- Experience working with SVN version control software and Git
- Interest in Interior Design, Furniture or Decor
- Experience working on photo realistic projects
- Knowledge or interest in Ray Trace Rendering
- Previous experience with Lighting in a Game Engine
- Experience working with a large library of 3D assets
- Ability to write shaders and graphics programming
* Must submit a resume and portfolio demonstrating the above art skills
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description