Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Be the Features owner related to complete seats, seat sturctures, and the relative compononents in the system
- Support problem solving activities as a champion fundamental first principle thinking
- Provide technical expertise for seating systems when working in cross functional teams of body, studio, restraints, LVE, and packaging
- Lead and coach Design Release Engineers to develop products that meet functional requirements in advanced-development, development, and launch phases
- Development of feature, sub-system, and component technical specifications
- Utilize CAE toolsets to define/optimize and verify product designs prior to physical prototype
- Lead research and innovation development activities implement the latest technologies in materials, processes and design execution Support system strategy development to achieve program targets for mass and financials
- Support the development and implementation of best practices
- Develop a high level of technical competence for in-house product development
- Work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals
This is what you’ll need:
- BS in an engineering discipline (MS not needed but will account for in experience)
- 10+ years of first hand experience developing, validating, and launching into production seating systems
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A deep understanding of your commodity and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, production build and customer experience involved with these systems
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics and requirements releated to seats – the loads, forces, and overall function of the system
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team, working outside commodity and sharing models as required to support the changing needs of an evolving environment
- Detailed understanding of the manufacturing, materials and processes utilized to produce your components as well as commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to use Catia V6 and Enovia for design analysis
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Interior Engineering
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.