Staff Product Designer at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are hiring in Santa Clara, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Kirkland, and remotely!
Team & Role
At ServiceNow, we embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures. This diversity inspires passion and creativity among our teams and propels innovation in our products.
This role is part of our Product Design team that uses their superpower of empathizing, understanding, and applying our users' and customers' needs, with the mission to create product experiences they love. Our designers come from a diverse set of skills and backgrounds - design systems, visual, interaction, content, and product design. At ServiceNow, design has a very intentional seat at the table, so our team collaborates closely with both engineering and product management from the get-go.
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience/
What you get to do in this role:
- You get to lead large, complex initiatives and deliver world-class experiences that influence product strategy and transform how people work around the world.
- You drive end-to-end product experiences that consider user and product ecosystems, workflow, and design patterns. You develop frameworks and principles to standardize and guide cross-team work.
- You will lead collaborative projects or work streams with multidisciplinary teams to deliver experiences that resonate with our users. You will share knowledge and expertise with others across the company to elevate colleagues, teams, and community of practice.
- 7+ years of relevant design experience.
- An inspiring portfolio demonstrating the ability to distill complex problems into elegant, holistic solutions based on human-centered design and research data
- Experience in developing frameworks and principles to standardize and guide cross-team work and successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision.
- A growth mindset, actively broadening areas of inquiry and learning, and seeking new opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to articulate and champion design solutions based on human-centered design principles and research data while influencing product experience strategy across a particular business unit or product line
- BA/BS degree or higher in Design, Design Communication, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent combination of education and experience in other related fields
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications.
- Experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web or agency)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected]icenow.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.