Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa’s Innovation Center is looking for a client-facing Staff Designer (Bilingual Spanish-English) to join our Miami team. In this role, you will focus on strategic design for products and services to create high-impact deliverables and lead engagements that help our clients drive their businesses forward. The Staff Designer is a highly experienced individual contributor responsible for developing well-researched understandings of emerging digital payment trends and leveraging that knowledge to help our clients understand Visa’s unique position within the fast-moving global commerce landscape.
You will conceptualize, co-create, design and present engaging experiences, effectively collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams—Product, Business Development & Strategy, Data & Analytics—to deliver value for our clients. You will report to the LAC Head of Design and will participate in the global design practice at Visa. A passion for using Design Thinking and Human Centered Methodologies to solve problems and seasoned presentation skills are a must. The candidate should have deep consultative design strategy experience and the ability to speak with fluency to product management, consulting, marketing, and analytics partners alike.
Role responsibilities include:
· Support the Design Lead / LAC Head of Design in creating and scaling experiences and engagements with a primary focus on the development of products and services for Visa’s clients
· Develop a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, commerce trends, Visa’s Innovation & Design practice and Visa capabilities in order to effectively communicate to clients and partners
· Research emerging areas of opportunity (using quantitative and qualitative techniques) and transform insights into compelling storytelling, experience design and presentations for client engagements (including videos, physical installations, etc.)
· Lead Client Co-Creation Sessions in collaboration with Business and Product peers as assigned, including facilitating client ideation and alignment to drive actionable outcomes
· Collaborate with peers at Visa’s other Global Innovation Centers to standardize engagement models, share our practice’s approach and train others on the how and why behind our work
· Establish design sprint and collaboration frameworks, co-creation tools and asset libraries, as well as incorporating design systems, that will ultimately power the work of our practice
· Participate in the development of new business initiatives and offerings for the LAC Region
· Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
· Support the Innovation & Design business as required, including but not limited to RFPs, supplier relationships, design briefs, Global Design initiatives, etc.Qualifications
·4 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
·Fully Bilingual (Spanish-English)
·Minimum of 8 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 7 years of experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree) or 3+ years of work experience with a PhD
·Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field; advanced degree (MS/MFA) preferred
·Relevant experience in UX, design strategy, marketing activation design, interaction design or visual and content design
·Fully Bilingual (Spanish-English)
·Ability to solve complex design challenges and recognize patterns that lead to creative, strategic and scalable solutions for our client experience and engagement model
·Proficiency in digital design software and tools, including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, AfterEffects, etc.
·Proficiency in front-end web development HTML/JS/CSS and rapid prototyping techniques
·Subject matter expertise in creating experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints, interaction models, flows, wireframes, etc.
·Master facilitation skills with C-suite experience and proven track record of running client engagements
·Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
·Record of delivering results on time, within budget and with a high level of execution
·Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
·An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
·Payment industry experience preferred, but not required
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.