DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
We're looking for a talented Senior User Experience Researcher to lead the qualitative understanding of our members to inspire the design of thoughtful, valuable, and approachable experiences of consumer applications which span across multiple platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting, and highly motivated team poised to create real impact.
Come help us grow our user research practice and contribute to developing product strategy as a champion for qualitative user research and human centered design. You’ll work closely with our engineering, product, and marketing teams to discover and solve new, challenging problems in the advertising and marketing technology space.
What you will do:
- Initiate and conduct research projects to build deep foundational knowledge of your areas of coverage. Research will consist of a mix of problem validation, foundational research, and strategic research projects.
- Drive a company-wide research-based measure: design or improve upon a methodology (if needed), collect and report findings.
- Communicate, advocate for, and socialize actionable insights in a clear and compelling way
- Consider the team's business goals when approaching research projects to ensure there's alignment and appropriate methodology being used.
- Prioritize your research efforts across teams. Align with Product teams while considering impact, the goals of your domain, the broader product vision, and company objectives.
- Work across the entire design stack, creating: wireframes, flow diagrams, clickable prototypes, detailed interactions and high-fidelity visuals with quality.
- Take responsibility for solution validation user research inquiries that are escalated by Product Design.
- Synthesize user feedback, stakeholder thoughts, product requirements, and technical restraints into a cohesive vision. Contribute to strategy and what will move the business forward.
- Guide Product Managers and Product Designers to conduct research with a high degree of rigor. Ensure they are following defined research processes (ex: handbook procedures, opening and closing issues for research studies, documenting actionable insights, etc).
- Build a pipeline of customer feedback into user research by partnering with the member services team.
- Prioritize the user research into key, actionable insights the product team can directly take into consideration into the backlog.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience leading user research initiatives for consumer applications.
- Formal education (Bachelors required, Masters preferred) in the field of science (Psychology, HCI, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Kinesiology, Anthropology, Sociology, or Computer Science).
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of statistics (preferably taken a course on Statistics).
- Your own workflows and templates to grow our user research practice from the ground up.
- Demonstrable awareness and understanding of designing for web accessibility and usability standards.
- Experience with facilitating and leading usability testing across platforms including responsive web, iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, and browser extensions.
- A practiced understanding of how qualitative user research can be applied for a business setting.
- Exhibit humility and kindness for your teams in everyday interactions.
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit, and openness to soliciting, and receiving feedback.
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible work hours
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.