Sr. UX Interactive Designer at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
WHO YOU ARE
Are you someone who likes to translate vision into reality? Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys doing user research, reviewing the data and coming up with a creative solution that has our customer needs front of mind? Are you proactive? Do you work well in a fast-paced, multi project environment?
Fluidra is seeking a Senior UX Interaction Designer to join the team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA. This is a hybrid role but would need to be in office 3 days a week in our Carlsbad location. Fully remote is NOT an option
Please also provide a link to your current portfolio in order to be considered for this position.
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- 11 paid Holidays
- Hybrid schedule
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Senior UX Interaction Designers at Fluidra are responsible for user-centered design, visualizing, and executing strategic user experiences. As a key member of the team, the Senior UX Interaction Designer is leading the team in creating delightful experiences that match user/customer needs with business goals.
The Senior UX Interaction Designer’s primary role will be to research and design usable interfaces, perform usability testing, and create prototypes to validate design concepts. Our ideal candidate is proficient at distilling complex processes into simple diagrams, user flows, wireframes, and is practiced at documenting design thinking. They follow best practices, validate their hypotheses with data and/or research, and value engineering and product input on iterative approaches to product design. Candidates should be passionate about improving the utility, usability and desirability of software and can juggle working on multiple products. Additionally, you will:
- Advocate user focus across the organization and communicate the value and principles of
- user-centered design.
- Collaborate with design team members on all aspects of user-centered design including
information architecture, task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning prototypes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and quality.
- Develop and provide thought leadership in user experience across devices.
- Lead research and testing of app design concepts to identify user insights and pain-points.
- Ensure that the apps meet the different needs of key user groups such as installers,
owners, and service professionals.
- Analyze key trends in app design, technology, and usage to ensure wise deployment of
- Define specifications for and coordinate the deployment of minimally viable revisions.
- Assess competitive products, technology, and adjacent markets such as home automation.
- Strong presentation skills required. Create content as needed for internal and external
- Collaborate with UI resources to ensure a consistent and contemporary design language
WHAT WE SEEK
- 5+ years’ experience in mobile app development and deployment
- 7+ years’ experience with UX design
- Ability to define, document, and articulate UX design standards to non-technical audiences
- User empathy is critical as is the ability to find latent wants and needs
- A strong appreciation for industrial design, graphic design, and ergonomics
- Proficient in the use of Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma (or similar) tools
- Prior product or project leadership in an agile environment preferred
- Prior product development experience with physical products preferred
- Prior experience with home automation, industrial automation, or related preferred
- Non-app product management experience is a plus, but not essential
Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects®, Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristics.