Varsity Tutors is looking for a senior user-centered experience designer who is deeply familiar with performance marketing best practices. The right candidate will understand funnel-based conversion and has experience structurally improving landing pages, lead forms, and increasing ecommerce conversion. Understanding reach marketing, customer buying journeys, and industry best practices are required. This designer will work in an interdisciplinary team of marketers, designers, and engineers to remove friction for our learners and drive results for our businesses through quick testing, learning, and iteration.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September 21, 2021.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Understand the business goals, metrics, and drivers we use to define success in our ecommerce efforts. Apply business logic to fundamentally breakdown problems to prioritize based upon return
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Iteratively concept (from low- to high-fidelity) and deliver creative solutions
- Design to test hypotheses based on qualitative and quantitative insights
- Design with segmentation and multi-channel personalization in mind
- Utilize existing design guidelines while being comfortable inventing new ways if they meet our needs more efficiently
- Deliver accessible and simple design solutions
- Design for device-specific differences in user behavior and best practices (i.e. mobile vs. desktop)
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Continuously gather inspiration, follow industry trends, and contribute to the broader team’s understanding of best-in-class references. Author case studies, design patterns, and presentations to educate the wider team on effective approaches.
- Work through the ambiguity that would otherwise block teams from making progress.
- Gracefully accept feedback, rapidly implement design revisions, and meticulously prep files for development
- Manage workload independently while juggling multiple projects and priorities, but also know when to ask for help.
- 7+ years of full-time, professional design experience
- Undergraduate degree in design or portfolio school certification
- Portfolio demonstrating ecommerce and digital marketing solutions
- Experience with personalization, recommendations, and other data-driven on-site merchandising
- Familiar working in an experimental fashion with A/B and multivariate testing platforms
- Have solid production and prototyping skills with pro-level experience Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch or Figma (preferred).
- Knowledge/understanding of UX design best practices
- A strong portfolio demonstrating shipped visual, interaction, marketing, and ecommerce design
- Proven ability to take direction, remain organized, communicate effectively and work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, flexibility, and an understanding that the best ideas can come from anyone, not just designers
- Ability to gracefully receive constructive feedback
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate larger customer journeys through site maps and flow maps
- Copywriting skills
At Varsity Tutors, we:
Relentlessly Focus on Customer • Are Owners • Are Intellectually Curious • Think Big • Bias for Action • Go Deep • Deliver Results • Are Comfortable with Ambiguity • Simplify • Build Teams • Insist on High Standards • Build Trust • Have Conviction • Are Right, a Lot
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and [email protected] program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)