Sr. User Experience Designer, Design Systems at TuSimple
We are TuSimple - a highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise and audacious vision. We are building products that will change the world. Our mission is to develop the world’s most advanced self-driving technologies specifically designed to meet the unique demands of heavy-duty trucks.
And we deliver. As the first AV to market, we are commercializing autonomous freight capacity that is safer, more efficient, and on-demand. In pursuit of our goals, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us on this exciting journey and be part of a fast-moving, highly execution-oriented team.
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
We are looking for a well-rounded Sr. UX designer who can define, articulate, and deliver a best-in-class design system for data-dense, complex software products.
You will lead the creation of TuSimple’s modern Design System. Your work will have an enormous impact and be leveraged by dozens of high-visibility tools throughout the company. You will be at the leading edge of design, establishing new patterns for autonomous vehicle technology that optimize the way we collect data from the road, extract and verify the data to feed our algorithms, edit map data, and track our various success metrics.
You will use your stellar communication skills to present designs to a range of different stakeholders - from UX teammates to senior-level leadership.
You will work closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers and on-the-ground drivers to meticulously execute ideas into production.
The TuSimple UX team is growing! We are focused on grounding-breaking work in autonomous vehicle design and research. We seek to build beautiful, usable products that empower our engineering teams to build better, smarter, safer self-driving technology.
Who you are
- You have outstanding visual design skills
- You have a proven track record of successfully leading product design in complex, technical problem spaces.
- You use a scenario-based approach to think horizontally and connect the dots across product lines.
- You are a strategic thinker with solid information architecture skills.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments that allow you to regularly ship product.
- You are interested in scaling your influence across the organization by contributing to our design system.
- You have strong communications skills, as demonstrated by your ability to clearly articulate design decisions and processes to any stakeholder.
- You are enthusiastic to learn about new data-dense technologies, tools, and ideas.
- You are a team player, enjoy supporting your fellow UX teammates, and seek feedback with low ego.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy taking ownership of your work.
- You are self-driven with an analytical mind and a bias toward action.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team of designers, UX researchers, product managers, data scientists and engineers to drive features from concept to implementation for mapping scenarios
- Create design system components and maintain the Figma library
- Apply a data-driven approach to improving user experience and influencing product strategy at scale
- Evaluate the usability of features and make constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Contribute to the design system
- Advocate for accessible design
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology or other Computer Science / Engineering field
- Experience contributing to design systems
- Portfolio of work that includes end-to-end designs from concept to finish demonstrating design rationale and business impact
- Proven experience in creating low to high-fidelity experiences with standard design tools (we primarily use Figma)
- Experience with complex developer tools and / or other enterprise applications
- Experience in automotive
- Experience working with AI / ML
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.