Sr UI Designer, Web - Remote at Medable
Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.Job Description
- Work within the Medable UX team to create best-in-class solutions for mission-critical web applications used by patients and doctors
- Create clean, functional, approachable web-based user interfaces that address customer needs
- Collaborate closely with other teams: Product, Development, QA, Sales, Customer Success and Leadership to ship great products
- Evangelize the importance of quality UI execution
- Help develop and maintain the core front-end web components of fast, scalable, responsive and complex web applications using modern libraries and frameworks
- Design, organize and manage a UI component library for use across all Medable web applications
- Develop themes to be used with UI component library for different applications
- Create interactive prototypes to support development and user testing
- Report user complaints and feedback through the appropriate channels
- Ensure suspected reportable events are reported within the required timeframe
- Collaborate with QA to resolve complaints, feedback, and suspected reportable events
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of design systems and their application across multiple apps and platforms
- Has a systematic, component and style based approach to UI design that ensures consistency (while not being afraid to depart from existing components when needed)
- Incredible attention to detail and meticulous organization, cares about maintaining UI integrity across platforms, devices and viewport sizes
- Opinionated about design implementations trending towards simple solutions
- Ability to focus on individual problems in the context of the larger design system and business needs
- Has a collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Continually looking to optimize and improve UI design output
- Quickly adapts to unexpected changes in scale, priorities, and pace
- Experience with “designing in code”, working up components with the use of HTML/CSS
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to sell design solutions to other team members
- Experience with Playroom and Storybook a plus
- Experience with motion design / animation on the web a plus
- Expert understanding of code versioning tools, GIT etc.
- Experience with wireframing/design tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Figma and Whimsical
- Be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- 8+ years of experience in UI Design or a combination of education and experience in this field
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Computer Science or related field
- Softward Skills - React, Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin
- Travel as required
U.S. employees and contractors, and International workers with travel to the U.S. must have a willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Medable, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
U.S. employees and contractors, and International workers with travel to the U.S. must have a willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date. All strongly held beliefs, religious, medical, and other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.