Sr Staff UX Researcher at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Work with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan.
- Executes all types and steps of qualitative and quantitative primary research and analysis, from early discovery, usage and needs, through product design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as online surveys, individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, journey mapping, user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing and others to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Develop sample plans, survey questionnaires, discussion guides, and other instruments from rough outline to the final version.
- Program online surveys including logic, QA/detect issues in programmed survey, with the ability to recognize potential survey problems and provide viable solutions.
- Combine customer demographics, preferences and needs to identify potential factors affecting product satisfaction, functionality, and potential usage.
- Define cross-tabulations, create, and check Microsoft Excel tables, data filters needed for graphs/visualizations, and uncover data discrepancies.
- Text analysis and coding of open-end responses which might include product feature requests, problem reports, discussion forums, and community discussions.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive product improvements, innovations, and customer experience improvements.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership (C-Level, director level).
To be successful in this role you have:
- 8+ years direct experience in a custom research supplier or at a company applying primary market, industry or user research for its product development purposes.
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, PeopleSoft), ideally a background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business-minded end-users using enterprise software.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Proven history of independently defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project. This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
- Survey programming and logic experience, and a good understanding of survey sampling and quota issues. Experience with Focus Vision Decipher is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills (mathematical, statistical, and financial). Experience with applying common multivariate techniques including correlation and regression, excellent bi-variate analysis skills, including strong Excel experience.
- Experience synthesizing data and reporting research results using an analytical approach, selecting statistical procedures, conducting statistical analysis beyond basic descriptive statistics, performing significance testing, and summarizing key insights. Experience with SPSS, Q-Research or similar and with crosstab/banner tools.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design and statistics to best inform useful and usable recommendations.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities. Can prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Experience working with and presenting research results to executive leadership (C-Level, director level).
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on complex projects requiring frequent problem solving and critical thinking
- 10+ years direct experience specifying and applying custom market, industry or user research for product development purposes.
- A background in Application Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms.
- At least 12 years or equivalent combination of education and experience successfully applying customer-centered design
- Travel: Up to 20% annually
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.