Sr Production Designer (Temporary) (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Senior Production Designer is a subject matter expert in all aspects of television and studio production (ideation, design, animation, presentation, delivery, execution). The position is responsible for delivering timely, engaging and objective design for the CNN news group's wide-reaching audience. The position requires working internally with CNN's design team and externally with clients and editorial partners. Proficiency in the full Adobe suite is required with a heavy emphasis on After Effects and Photoshop. Experience with Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine and Vizrt is preferred. Broadcast experience is a must.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Concept, design, produce and supervise production of still and animated graphics and other design elements as assigned by production manager
- Ensure design standards and brand guidelines are followed appropriately by using good judgment and leveraging Creative Directors for council as needed
- Work effectively as a member of the production team. Meet regularly with Design Directors, Assistant Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production of design elements as needed. Work with Vizrt team to ensure the consistency of design elements as applicable to projects
- Effectively manage time and resources to deliver projects and collateral assets on time and in working order
- Composite and/or direct compositing sessions as required, under intense pressure, direction and time constraints
- Motivate, train and manage other team members as directed and actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department
- Ensure industry lead by maintaining a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Provide input on new equipment purchases and willingness to beta test new platforms as needed.
Qualifications & Experience...
- 4+ years experience in television or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of current events
- Maintain professional standards at all times, including breaking news
- Schedule flexibility; weekend and overnight hours may be necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bandwidth to see the big picture while focusing on the smallest details
- Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design or related field (motion design, visual communications, industrial design, illustration, photography) or equivalent work experience with demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
- Software: After Effects, Cinema4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Unreal Engine, Audition, ZBrush, Plugins: RedGiant, Boris FX, Sapphire, AE Expression, C4D Expresso, Octane Render, X-Particles, Cycle4D, etc
- Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
- Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].