Sr. Product Designer at Tealium (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:53 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 29, 2022
WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world’s largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data – spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices — so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium’s turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium’s customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers’ and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to join the Design and Research team at Tealium. We seek an experienced, highly collaborative Senior Product Designer to work through complex user experience problems by getting to the core of user challenges and needs. You’ll collaborate with other designers, product managers, and engineers to help build captivating products that bring delight to our customers, are easy to use, and add value to our business. You’ll contribute to the evolution of our product suite and collaborate on new applications and initiatives. You are a champion of user-centric design, promote design thinking and advocate for design solutions that are efficient to use and solve user problems.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Apply user-centered design skills and strong product knowledge to translate conceptual ideas into exceptional design solutions at scale.
- Collaborate closely with design and product leadership to understand product vision and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Craft design artifacts like: wireframes, workflows, low-fidelity prototypes and high-fidelity comps for product features and deliver assets to cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with front end developers to ensure the successful execution of user interface designs and the preservation of the original design intent in the final product.
- Leverage our design system in your design proposals to ensure continuity in the products and maintain a shared visual language.
- Plan and conduct usability testing by creating clickable design prototypes and iterate based on the results.
- Clearly and confidently present design proposals and usability test results to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop level-of-effort estimates for design projects and report on their progress.
- Use systems thinking to understand and plan for how your feature work affects the broader product.
- Look for opportunities to unify the user experience across the platform.
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- You have outstanding software design skills, strong follow-through and excel at communicating with a variety of people.
- You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Working transparently to create designs based on findings from research, data, and feedback from your team.
- You’ve contributed to shipped SaaS products over the years and understand what it takes to create engaging user experiences.
- You have a strong passion for working with and expanding existing applications as well as creating new experiences.
- You rely on research to identify a product’s target audience and can create a vision that ensures users have an optimal experience, keeping that vision front and center during the entire production process.
- You have an outstanding portfolio of design work that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design skills as well as the ability to create wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity design proposals.
- You have a deep understanding of user-centered design principles and practices.
- You have the ability to balance user needs, technology constraints, and business goals to create a useful, usable, and desirable product.
- You thrive in an iterative, collaborative environment and can manage multiple projects concurrently. You are organized, goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BE) in design or related field. (or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree).
- 6 years of full-time product design experience.
- 3+ years experience designing for enterprise SaaS products.
- Experience designing Web or desktop application interfaces.
- Participation in the broader design team and design operations.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Experience with user research methods and user testing to validate proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting in front of a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- Please provide an online portfolio that you can share with us and provide any necessary passwords.
At Tealium, we don’t just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
- Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
- Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium’s solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.
More Information on Tealium
Tealium operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Tealium was founded in 2008. It has 622 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 36 open jobs at Tealium, click here.
Read Full Job Description