Sr. Product Designer at Caribou (Remote)
At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
We have grown 20x in the past three years and raised a $115M Series C. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team and be a strategic partner with our product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing solutions based on research, analytics, and user testing, and can turn insights into beautifully designed experiences. You will collaborate across the company to synthesize research and design best-in-class experiences for our consumers and internal operations teams. Above all, your work will help provide peace of mind to our customers, through lower payments and products that protect their vehicles. This role will:
- Pair with product managers and engineers to turn business concepts into fully designed features and products
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for both our external and internal users
- Support concept exploration as we plan our strategic roadmap and explore potential solutions to a myriad of business challenges
- Evangelize how design can be a strategic differentiator in our industry, and lead the way in elevating our design thinking as a business
- Work cross-functionally with design, engineering and product management to ensure teams make user-centric, data-driven decisions
- Design and conduct independent research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Test and validate your design choices through user testing
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; or Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Product Designer may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
You love turning rich user insights into compelling product experiences. You have:
- 4-7 years of product design experience
- A portfolio to showcase previous project work and design thinking
- Strong knowledge of Figma, Invision, or other equivalent design and prototyping tools
- Ability to turn business cases into elegant design solutions
- Experience rapid prototyping to flesh out new experiences and product directions
- Ability to consolidate research work into briefs for teams across the company
- Experience with designing for mobile and desktop
- Awareness of industry design trends and leading best practices
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $150K-180K
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.