Catalant’s Expert Marketplace platform has re-invented the $250 billion management consulting industry by connecting business leaders with world class independent consultants on-demand. With backing from some of the world’s top venture capital firms, Catalant is breaking records every quarter and doubling down on our growth strategy.
As we continue to bolster our industry-leading product, we are growing the team that will take Catalant to the next level, investing across the board in our people and products.
Our growing product design team is looking for an exceptional Product Designer to create functional and engaging experiences that empower individuals and companies to transform how their work gets done. As a Senior Product Designer at Catalant, you’ll work side-by-side with product management and engineering, applying your visual and interactive design skills to complex user problems and business needs. You’ll directly shape the future of our product, designing cross-platform to support our strategic vision and business objectives. You love your craft and are ready to contribute to the success of both startup and enterprise-level digital products.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What you'll do:
- Drive the design and success of our marketplace and solution platforms by contributing to all phases of a project, from wireframes to visual design, prototyping, and testing
- Partner closely with our Product team to identify opportunities for improvements and new features
- Partner closely with our Engineering team to gain technical insight and ensure product builds are reflective of the vision and user experience across multiple platforms
- Conduct user research activities to understand the needs of our users and bring those insights to life through our product
- Maintain and evolve our style guide, product design, documentation, and information architecture approach
- Collaborate in setting hypotheses and goals to use live product metrics and customer feedback in your design process with support from analytics and user research
- Use strong communication skills to present, articulate and defend design recommendations and decisions within small cross-functional teams and to executive stakeholders
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture
- Play an ongoing role in developing guidelines and design systems, and advocate the consistent use of design standards across experiences
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of product design experience shipping real products
- Ability to work in all phases of the design process and at varying levels of fidelity
- Strong knowledge of Figma or a similar design tool
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can thrive in the changing pace of a startup
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project; extremely comfortable socializing design work and generating buy-in across teams and functions
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a team environment to deliver high-quality work while advocating for visual design, brand, and user experience consistency
- Desire and ability to mentor and upskill other designers
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your visual skills and strategic thinking
- Be a good human
Nice to have:
- Has previous experience working on a talent marketplace
At Catalant, we strive to offer a work environment where employees can bring however much of their full, authentic self as they desire. With this in mind, we are happy to offer our employees:
- Flexible paid time off
- 13 company holidays + an All Company wellness day off each quarter
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave regardless of how you choose to grow your family
- Generous health insurance coverage as well as optional vision and dental
- 401k to save for retirement
- Pre-tax commuter and flexible spending accounts
- A lifestyle spending account to be used towards cell phone, internet, commuting, and learning & development
- Wellness stipend for your mental, emotional, or physical wellbeing needs and support
- Work from Home stipend
- Catalant sponsored membership to Calm
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Catalant is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Catalant makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business objectives and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, qualified physical or mental disability, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other status protected by law. All Catalant employees are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
We have a flexible hybrid work model, where employees local to our Boston headquarters come into our office on a flexible basis, and other employees are fully remote. We are hiring and conducting interviews and onboarding either virtually or in person if local to Boston, depending on what makes most sense based on the specific candidate and new hire. Talk to our People Team to learn more!
Read Full Job Description