Sr. Product Designer at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Design team, composed of Creative and Product Designers, and Content Strategists. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, accessible, and beautiful products that redefine our clients day-to-day financial activities.
What You’ll Do
In your role, you will be creating consumer grade, mobile first experiences for our customizable, responsive web client portal and native mobile applications that provide investors access to their financial information anytime and anywhere. These products enable financial advisors to tell their story and communicate with their clients digitally.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, content strategists, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out elegant, delightful, and cohesive product experience for our users.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish and provide high quality visuals, prototype, and other deliverables that effectively communicate design concepts and details.
- Elevate Addepar’s product experience through outstanding displays of visual and interaction design.
- Contribute to the expansion, evolution, and adoption of the Addepar Product Language design system.
- Participate in and/or conduct user research to better understand user needs to inform design strategy.
- Be an advocate for the users and exceptional experiences; influence product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, User Experience Design, or UI Design.
- A portfolio showcasing solid user-centered design practice, interaction and visual design craftsmanship, and prototyping skills that result in usable, useful, and delightful web and mobile product experience.
- Expert in user interface design patterns, visual design principles, and best practices for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Ability to translate complex sets of requirements into elegant and scalable design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Have had previous experience building or contributing to design systems.
- Solid experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.