Sr. Manager UX - Digital Product Design (Remote) at Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
As part of A&F’s Experience and Digital Product Team, The Manager, Digital Product Design is responsible for leading an experience design team focused on envisioning and delivering human-centric, digitally enabled experiences throughout the ecosystem for our global brands.
Reporting to the Sr Director, Digital Experience Design this highly visible team leader partners closely with other functional design leads, researchers, strategists, product managers and cross-functional teams, and is responsible for facilitating product design efforts from concept to delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a design team to envision and deliver digital products and services throughout the customer and employee facing ecosystem including but not limited to Mobile Apps, Web, Voice, and Social platforms.
- Manage and guide the team throughout the design process to produce design artifacts from concept to delivery; including research, ideation, prototyping, end-to-end flows, wireframes, sketches, mock-ups design system components and full-fidelity visual design.
- Facilitating of cross-functional design sprints to drive rapid development of viable, feasible, desirable, and inclusive, solutions.
- Evolving the design practices purpose-built for our organization at its current maturity/proficiency and accelerating our path to industry industry-leading capabilities.
- Coaching team members, delivering constructive feedback and establishing individual and team growth goals.
- Presenting design at various stages to partners and stakeholders to solicit feedback, strengthen ideas, and drive unified understanding of direction.
- Prioritizing team resources and work; integrating team members and design activities into each cross-functional product teams.
- Facilitating design reviews and critiques; soliciting and providing constructive feedback across the spectrum of digital products.
- Supporting governance and management of global design systems and platforms to enable efficiency, speed, and consistency.
- Effectively influencing thinking across the enterprise that push boundaries and deliver extraordinary human-centric experiences for customers and employees that serve them.
What will you need to bring?
- 7+ years of experience in digital product design in consumer-facing mobile and web products with track record of delivering new and innovative customer experiences to market.
- 3+ years of experience leading and developing a product design team of 4+
- 2+ years of retail industry experience or equivalent consumer facing domain experience.
- BA/BS and MA/MS in Design, HCI, Interaction or equivalent, is preferred
- Strong portfolio demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill at developing human-centric digital experiences, design research, prototyping and testing.
- Experienced in the development of artifacts such as design principles, sketches, storyboards, scenarios, process flows, IA visualizations, wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, service blueprints and design systems.
- Proficiency in balancing refined brand aesthetics with a strong ability to translate into digital eloquent interfaces.
- A strong understanding and experience working across modern methods (Design Thinking, Agile, Lean UX)
- Demonstrated experience working within a large-scale organization that integrates experience design into a product development process.
- Extensive experience managing design systems and implementing scalable systems across multiple channels, products, and platforms integrations e.g. Adobe Experience Manager
- Strong proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Figma, Azure, Sketch, InVision Adobe Creative Suite and expertise of digital technologies e.g. web, Android, iOS, etc.
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER