Sr. Instructional Designer at American Auto Shield (Remote)
If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!
- Are results-oriented, not afraid to jump into the deep end and be an agent of change in the organization.
- Thrive working in a collaborative environment and enjoy helping others.
- Enjoy thinking outside the box to drive changes that will impact our industry.
- You love what you do, and it shows every day.
- We're leading our industry into the future by creating and shaping the future of Service Contracts and Claims Administration. We're developing systems from the ground up and will give you the opportunity to be a part of our quest for greatness.
- We offer the ability to pursue your fullest potential and never settle for second place in your quest to grow your career. You'll join an incredible team filled with smart, fun, passionate people who love making an impact.
- We believe in creative environments, progressive ideas and excellence in operational effectiveness.
- We love what we do.
What will you do in this role?
- Work with SMEs, trainers, and Support colleagues to develop instructional design plans that support content within digital program platform.
- In collaboration with the L&D Manager, determines the design standards for content and implements templates, style guides while ensuring the L&D follow those guidelines.
- Represent the Instructional Design function on the Training Governance Committee to provide real-time content develop timelines and Level of Effort (LOE).
- Development assessment-driven content to ensure learner understanding of concepts and processes.
- Conduct Train-the-trainer workshops to introduce latest content for release.
- Review content in development to ensure functional specifications defined by the Instructional Designer are executed.
- Leads cross-functional teams to offer and gather input on how to instructionally enhance the content.
- Provide guidance and implementation for new instructional formats and technologies.
- Make independent decisions to select processes and tools.
- Stay current trends and research on innovations and developments in the fast-moving field of instructional design.
- Follow all AAS People and Culture and legal guidelines when producing course content.
- Use superior judgement when using company resources (equipment, budget, credit card, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Work within a remote work environment
What will you need to bring to the table in order to be successful in this role?
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, instructional design models, and evaluation models
- Strong presentation skills for train-the-trainer sessions
- Possess and eye for detail and able to manifest into tangible form.
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Superior computer skills including thorough understanding of LMS technology, Articulate 360, Vyond (GoAnimate), Adobe Creative Could, and Microsoft Office required
- 10+ years of instructional design experience, with at least 5 years in a call center environment
- Superior ability in documentation development and management
- Portfolio and/or work sample is required.
Why work for us? We are excited to provide:
- Competitive compensation package ranging from $80,000-$90,000 per year
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Floating Holidays
- Satisfaction of work with a highly skilled team that makes a big impact company-wide
- 100% Remote work environment
Job LocationThis role is 100% remote. However, American Auto Shield is only set up to hire employees in certain states. To be considered for this role, you will need to have permanent residence in one of the following states: