Sr. Director, Product Design - Employee Experience at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are seeking a UX leader who is passionate about creating empowering and supportive experiences for people at work. As the Senior Director of Product Design, you will report to our SVP and Global Head of Design, to lead an organization that is passionate about building innovative employee experiences that leverage personalization and Ai; conversational, web and mobile interfaces; and efficient digital workflows across the enterprise.
This is the perfect role for a product leader who is fascinated with the changing world of work, and the evolving needs of businesses navigating flexible work arrangements and distributed, global teams. Businesses know that the employee experience is everything, and they must provide experiences that foster loyalty, collaboration, productivity, and support the employee through their career. As the leader of our Employee Experience product design, you will have a massive impact on how businesses evolve to provide predictive, empowering and productivity-boosting experiences for their employees and teams.
This role is part of our Product Design team that uses empathy, understanding, and user insights to create product experiences that our customers love. Our designers come from a diverse set of skills and background - design systems, visual, interaction, content, and product design. At ServiceNow, design has a leadership seat at the table, so our team collaborates closely with both engineering and product management from the get-go. We embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures. This diversity inspires passion and creativity among our teams and propels innovation in our products.
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience/
What you get to do in this role:
- Work collaboratively with our cross-functional Product teams and executive leaders to deliver product experiences that will revolutionize workplace collaboration and productivity for the largest companies in the world.
- Participate as an inspirational leader of our global User Experience organization, shaping culture, building community, and providing insightful design critique on products outside of your immediate area of responsibility.
- Directly lead and manage teams and individual contributors.
- Change the way people work through experiences using AI, Machine Learning and Mobile technology.
- Oversee a portfolio of products, navigating context switching between product areas, and identifying and connecting teams working on related product experiences.
- Build and develop a high performing team, with a strong culture and user-centric design approach, acting as a mentor & manager.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering from strategic definition, planning, architecture, through tactical execution of the Product Roadmaps.
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem.
- Lead user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis and user testing.
- Communicate and rationalize design solutions and strategy to stakeholders.
- Review and up-level your team's work through thoughtful and inspiring feedback.
- Ensure a consistent experience across the mobile and desktop platforms.
- Oversee documentation development and supportive assets such as user experience specifications, prototypes for testing and component/configuration guidelines.
- Work closely with research, product management and engineering in UX ideation and innovation.
- At least 8+ years of visual and interaction design, with 5+ years of Experience Design or equivalent.
- At least 3+ years of experience managing design teams, and managing managers.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences for global, accessible products
- Demonstrated experience in defining and/or working with robust design systems
- Adept with relevant design tools such as Figma.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .