Chewy is looking for an Sr Director, Creative Services to join our Creative Services Team based in Plantation, FL. The ideal candidate will be a world-class Creative leader with a relentless passion for uncovering relevant trends, insights, and industry leading innovations to reveal “the big idea,” and who will have a mastery of design, strategy and rich content storytelling for above and below the line executions. Sr Director, Creative Service is expected to think creatively and strategically with a consumer-centric perspective in all aspects of the role. They will be a proven leader in setting creative vision and directing multiple cross functional creative teams in developing consistent, brand right creative, ensuring the highest Chewy standards for digital and brand campaigns. The ideal candidate, will be well-versed in all Marketing Communications and Online Retail, content and media. You will help define the creative vision for the organization and identify and nurture talent to grow the team. Our ideal candidate has experience leading and implementing impactful creative ideas and teams through all channel (digital, content, print, broadcast, email, social media etc.) and budget levels.
The Sr Director, Creative Services reports to the Head of Creative Services and supports the leadership, culture and engagement of the Creative team including collaboration with all contributing teams i.e. Creative and Studio Operations for holistic health of the Creative Services department. They will be instrumental in guiding, mentoring and managing the creative leadership team. They will utilize insights to develop concepts, design systems and oversee all execution with professional yet critical creative guidance. Sr Director, Creative Service should be a source of inspiration for the team and must be a highly organized time manager, problem solver, originator of creative process, partner to the Marketing management team, and executive client partner. The candidate will be the ultimate keeper of the Chewy Brand and advocate for the highest quality of Creative and consumer experience company wide.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and build our creative team. Get the best out of our talent, grow it, and have a vision and concept for what Chewy creative needs to be successful
- Lead the team to conceptualize, develop, and execute the creative ideation of great strategies, campaigns and content and presenting them compellingly to leadership
- Provide creative leadership, inspiring a culture of creativity. Push the boundaries for Chewy brand and develop a reputation for great creative and strategic work to meet Chewy’s brand goals
- Understand insights and research and apply them to creative thinking, campaign and content development
- Drive strategy development in collaboration with Creative Directors and the Creative Management team
- Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork and inspiration throughout the department
- Mentor all level of creatives in the department – from interns to Creative Directors; taking a vested interest in their professional development
- Participate in recruiting opportunities and develop a general awareness of industry trends with regards to talent and thought leadership.
- Collaborate on and guide the work of all direct reports, while ensuring feasibility and budget alignment
- Work closely with the creative team to evolve, document and enforce brand standards across all platforms and mediums for a consistent brand experience
- Roll up your sleeves to execute and deliver work.
What You'll Need:
- Proven Leadership skills
- Experience taking business goals and translating them into creative direction and execution
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas and build trusted relationships with executive stakeholders
- Ability to work with virtual teams across multiple offices
- Inspiring creativity, has a compelling portfolio of work with varied brand campaigns and rich content storytelling
- Must be able to work under pressure at high volume and fast to market timelines
- Act as lead to client partners in defending creative and strategy
- Strength in evaluating both visuals and messaging with a type A-level attention to detail across all media types
- Clear articulation of expectations, able to rally a team around outcomes and objectives
- Flexibility; leading both high visibility and smaller projects with equal enthusiasm
- Knowledge and genuine interest in Chewy and e-commerce platform
- 12+ years of agency based creative experience, including 5+ years in an agency based creative team management role
- Experience in an advertising, creative, integrated, or digital agency
- Documented depth of experience managing agency based integrated campaigns including advertising, content, social media, and other communication channels
- Adobe Creative Suite mastery
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Portfolio and Resume is a must
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.