Are you a strategic design leader who can bring teams together to solve complex problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? If so, we have an extraordinary opportunity for you to work as a Senior Design Manager on our Buyer Experience Team based out of San Francisco. Our team partners creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketers, engineers, analysts, and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers as they evaluate and purchase Atlassian products (like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and others).
We're a rapidly growing software company where our core websites (like www.atlassian.com and bitbucket.org ) are the unique B2B self-serve growth engine of our business. In partnership with our sales advocates, who leverage our web properties, we drive engagement with large enterprises in many industries. We need you to help make these buyer journeys amazing.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian products and services essential for all teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for diligent, energetic design leaders to help us.
As a Design leader, you'll be deeply involved in the entire design process from helping define vision, facilitating decisions, overseeing quality - ultimately it's about crafting an amazing user experience for our customers! You'll also be the primary contact for design questions as you help your teams define the long-term vision and execute with outstanding quality. You will work with several managers, lead product designers, and content designers, to craft an extraordinary experience for new and existing Atlassian customers.
As a member of our design leadership team, you will collaborate with other design managers, lead designers, and other partners to set the experience vision for the e-commerce experience of Atlassian's existing and new customer base.
The Buyer Experience Team at Atlassian is responsible for:
- Owning the product vision, strategy and buying experience on www.atlassian.com and its role as an information hub to other Atlassian web properties
- Experimenting, testing, and optimizing to create a delightful, frictionless and tailored end-to-end experience
- Aligning on a shared vision across the company and driving toward project execution
- Partnering with product marketing to bring marketing campaigns to life on the site
In this role you'll get to:
- Work within a GTM leadership team to craft the ways we develop and implement our marketing strategy
- Develop a keen understanding of our potential users and their needs, in partnership with your cross-functional team and our Research and Insights partners
- Collaborate with our Commerce and Product teams to build a clear, understandable end-to-end journey, from choosing products or solutions to onboarding and paying for them
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentoring, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Lead and inspire a hard-working team of design managers and their reports across the United States. With a passion for developing others, you'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion
- Bring your experience of customer-centric design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for impactful design work with your team
On your first day we expect you to have:
- Previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- The ability to partner across orgs, functions, and processes to deliver coherent meaningful customer experiences
- Experience leading e-commerce and purchasing in a B2B setting with enterprise-level scale and delivering value to multiple, interlinked audiences
- A background in planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a hands-on designer, then subsequently as a manager, and manager of managers
- Phenomenal facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like Engineering , Product Management, and Product Marketing
- The ability to communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- The drive and ability to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
It's not essential, but nice to have:
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes
- Experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
- Experience with large (10,000+ employee) corporations, their thinking and ways of working
- Experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.