Sr. Art Director at Tapestry (New York City, NY)
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR: Photo, Social Focus
As Senior Art Director : Photo with a Social Focus, this person will oversee the entire platform and ensure consistency with the brand's aesthetic and lifestyle messaging. This person will own, concept, create, design and drive process, curate and produce compelling original assets in collaboration with key cross-functional partners throughout the company. This person will also work on larger business campaigns as natural extensions of social media to bring kate spade product to life while balancing the daily responsibility of overseeing social content. Another key aspect of their role is overseeing the social team, giving design direction and continuing to grow the team and find new content partners to grow the voice of the brand.
- Concept and create original and inspiring content in the Kate Spade New York visual voice
- Support in concepting seasonal campaigns that are extensions of social media
- Partner with the Fashion Director and Editorial team to concept and execute posts, stories and videos specifically for the platform
- Concept and art direct seasonal editorial campaigns, ideally with pre-existing talent networks
- Interpret key seasonal stories and translate them for the Instagram grid and stories
- Identify real-time trends and conversations in the space and create content that is culturally relevant and native to the platform
- Concept and plan seasonal strategies and content calendar
- Develop and execute a distinct visual strategy via photography and other mediums
- Ensure posts are unique to the platform and align with marketing messages in ecommerce and our global campaigns
- Use data to optimize content, drive engagement and work with cross functional partners to evolve this aspect of the platform as it grows and develops
- Creatively leverage existing assets (gift guides, campaigns, events) on the platform
- Manage a team of designers
- 7+ years of experience required
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Exceptional management and collaborative skills
- Proficient in all adobe programs and video editing
- Deep knowledge of fashion photographers, influencers and popular accounts in the space
- Strong time management skills; excels in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable
- Passion for art, fashion and photography
- Works well with cross-functional partners and can work autonomously when need be
- Knows how to photograph products in an elevated way
- Have an acute understanding of storytelling for the platform
- Can think creatively and strategically
- Curious about innovations on the platform and loves experimenting with new functionalities (i.e. IGTV)
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .