Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
To support our growth, we are looking for a sourcing partner to help build our Product and Strategy organization. You'll use data and creativity to develop targeted sourcing strategies and partner with leaders to build robust teams. We're excited about someone who is passionate about people and inspired by our mission to empower local entrepreneurs all around.
- Source and screen for Stategy and Product roles as needed
- Partner with technical and business leaders to influence and deliver quality profiles that align to department needs
- Provide leadership and deep subject matter expertise in sourcing across client groups, with the ability to coach hiring managers about our process
- Take initiative and create compelling sourcing strategies with hiring managers by understanding the required skills and background, the impact of the role, and the ideal fit to the team and company
- Create strategic plans for sourcing candidates with a diverse group of backgrounds for each of your roles
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience and proactively improve our recruiting processes
- Strategic talent mapping
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with candidates
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a sourcer in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with 1+ of these years sourcing for Design or Product
- Experience with talent mapping strategies
- An active and data-conscious approach to problem-solving; you enjoy making sense of the trends and using data to better your process to make it more efficient
- Strong technical sourcing capabilities with consistent track record of engaging passive candidates and building diverse pipelines
- Ability to partner and manage internal and external stakeholders
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.