Service Designer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design and continuous improvement of member service experiences across the credit union’s offerings and delivery channels. In addition, the incumbent will identify and recommend implementations that will simultaneously improve credit union employees’ and members’ interactions. This role is a cultural change agent helping to establish and maintain a center of excellence for Service Design by embedding human-centered design methodologies into the credit union. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional teams, facilitating and translating primary and secondary research into actionable insights and design recommendations. The Service Designer will work closely with product and channel managers to ensure that a holistic and harmonious member experience is consistently delivered across all touchpoints. Strategic and general direction is received from the Manager, Member Experience Design.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Supports the evolution and development of the service design practice throughout the organization
- Educates and influences service design thinking and human-centered design practices across the organization
- Collaborates effectively with product, channel and operations managers to prioritize service design concepts
- Socializes and nurtures human-centered design methods, tools and practices within and across the organization
- Cultivates the member experience design management system
- Drives meaningful and impactful change to improve the member experience
- Defines opportunities for service optimizations, enhancements and innovations based on service deviations and failures
- Facilitates cross-functional collaborative workshops and experience mapping sessions
- Plans, facilitates and executes in-depth, human-centered design research with stakeholders and members
- Derives meaningful insights and implements best practices from design and market research, business intelligence and CRM inputs
- Discovers and translates underserved and unmet member needs into viable, feasible, desirable and innovative design concepts and seeks input from business partners across the organization at varying levels throughout the process
- Partners cross-functionally to bring design / service concepts to practical implementation
- Articulates concrete business outcomes for design recommendations
- Visualizes complex service ecosystems and demonstrates ability to translate processes to diverse stakeholder groups
- Creates and rapidly iterates service prototypes
- Implements design recommendations
- Represents the member and internal customers (credit union employees) on project teams
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Visual Communication, Psychology, or a related field, or equivalent experience , and you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Strong portfolio of service design and/or design research work
- Experience planning, facilitating and executing design research
- Experience with service design methods, including journey maps, service blueprints, jobs-to-be-done, stakeholder maps, and more
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches/methodologies
- Experience with NPS or similar customer feedback systems
- Analytical thinking, creative problem-solving, and an entrepreneurial spirit are important attributes
- Proven ability to create, customize and deliver presentations to internal and external business partners
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off