Service Designer III at Fearless (Remote)
Fearless is looking for a Service Designer III to add to our diverse team of 200+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
The Service Designer III is an adept storyteller who leads the team to define interactive experiences, products, and services. They focus on strategic and implementation disciplines and are responsible for developing solutions from research to release to address pain points and innovate through opportunity areas. They set the future vision for products and services that inspire people and meet user, customer, and business needs. Their leadership of the team helps set the direction and assure customers of the quality of design delivery across cross-functional teams and highly complex services.
What you should know:
- Preferred team member in Maryland with a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- Fully remote options available for candidates located outside of Maryland.
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health. Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered.
We need your Service Design skills! What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who have the following:
Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Organizational and Leadership Role
- Builds scalable service design solutions for multiple cross-functional teams, as well as Business Development strategies for new opportunities.
- Cultivates a community of growth and development through coaching and mentoring others to develop their professional skills.
- Grows our design community and strategies, leads discussion of design practices and standards, and contributes to practice area communities and activities.
Collaboration & Communication
- Defines and champions research processes and tools to enable teams to improve and incorporate research in their work.
- Coaches team and customers to develop the cultural conditions and best practices needed to design and deliver human-centered services.
- Mentors inexperienced teams to adopt human-centered practices and embed them into an agile workflow.
Research & Analysis
- Analyzes and champions the vision of how organizations need to change to deliver more effective services.
- Defines key metrics and measurements for organizations to evaluate their impact, working in collaboration with the team to use this data to support iteration on and improvements to what they deliver.
- Derives qualitative and quantitative insights from data analysis and designs connected products and services, and/or crafts applicable solutions and strategies with customers, stakeholders, and the team.
- Leads the team in understanding how to visualize and build services holistically across all touchpoints.
- Leads the design and development of impactful user strategy and service design deliverables.
- Plans and facilitates participatory and iterative design activities and co-creation workshops with stakeholders and team members.
- Advocates for inclusive practices and helps the team design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships, and influence others.
- Expert in identifying user and business needs and developing solutions to meet those needs through strong influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor others on the principles and best practices of service design.
- Demonstrated expertise in design thinking and user-centric design approaches, and ability to apply them across a variety of services.
- Expert knowledge of service mapping methods.
- Ability to evaluate the feasibility and consequences of design decisions.
- Ability to make decisions based on managed levels of risk and complexity.
- Ability to create or collaborate on prototypes of various levels of fidelity to showcase user needs across omni-channel journeys.
- Experience with research, strategy, information architecture, service design, prototyping, and testing.
- Demonstrated expertise conducting a variety of research activities with customers and/or using qualitative and quantitative tools for research.
- Demonstrated expertise in using research to analyze behavior and motivation, and making decisions based on evidence.
- Expert in managing stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Expert in the end-to-end journey of a project, from navigating initial discovery to end delivery.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute work, with strong time management skills.
At Fearless, we believe in sharing knowledge, fresh perspectives, and unique interests as individuals and as a company, so we’re also interested to know what makes you tick. We want to know where your interests and passions lie so we can all grow together.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we've established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Cultural Ad Conversation - We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical/Skills Interview - This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview - At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It's our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.