Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
Design is a team of designers, engineers, and researchers who blend beauty with tech to create world-class experiences for Gemini. We are inspired by creativity, fueled by data, and obsessed with simplicity.
The Role: Lead Visual Designer, Product
Join a dynamic and tight-knit team of UX designers, visual designers, and front end and mobile engineers to expand and codify Gemini’s digital identity. As a Product Designer, you live and breath the user experience; guided by data and business objectives, you will collaborate with developers to create an interface that not only delights the user, but educates them on the power of cryptocurrency. This is an incredibly exciting and unique opportunity to take the lead on projects that will define the crypto user experience across all digital touchpoints and help us enable a value revolution through the power of digital assets.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple digital projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to lead individual projects and work autonomously
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create elegant simple interfaces
- Informally mentor and support other members of the product design team
- Support multiple business lines with creation of digital assets
- Minimum of 6 years experience with a portfolio that showcases a user centric design approach to visual communication with an eye for detail
- Proven experience managing large scale projects from conception to launch
- Demonstrates an in-depth, understanding of typography, hierarchy, motion and interactive
- Must have experience in creating visual user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Excellent time management with strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills
- An ability to explore multiple solutions for complex problems
- Team player and self-starter with a hunger for collaboration across all disciplines of design, product and engineering
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator), and the Google suite of apps
- Strong sensibilities of user experience, validating design decisions through user feedback, quantitative insights, and business objectives
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.