Senior UX Researcher at ActiveCampaign (Remote)
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you will support our product and design teams with insightful and impactful UX research. Being our first dedicated user researcher, you will have the opportunity to establish user research operations and best practices in collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive high-impact initiatives that will enable our teams to build best-in-class experiences.
The ideal candidate is highly proactive, endlessly inquisitive, a champion for the user, and is driven to discover new strategic insights that will help us grow our business and tell holistic stories about our customers.
What your day could consist of:
- Work collaboratively with design, product, customer support, marketing and engineering teams to support product delivery
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research initiatives to uncover gaps and identify new opportunities
- Deliver and communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders to drive product and design strategy
- Establish and evolve user research operations such as tools, procedures, data management and documentation
- Create and maintain a research insights repository that is easily accessible for anyone at ActiveCampaign to access insights that will inspire and drive action
- Define and evangelize best practices of incorporating research within an agile environment
- Identify areas in which research can collaborate across other functions
- Discover creative ways to improve the efficiency of product and design teams through user research
- Facilitate workshops with diverse audiences that deeply drive understanding of user needs, strategy, and priorities
- Educate non-researchers in best practices and assist them in conducting their own research
- Stay current and aware of new developments and trends in user research and user experience
- Discover new ways to apply research to increase the confidence of the company that we're focused on the right customer outcomes
What is needed:
- 5+ years of relevant research experience for software products
- Current knowledge of UX research methodologies, tools, and industry trends
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to clearly articulate research findings
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong collaborative partner.
- Able to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience working in-house on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product, especially during a hypergrowth phase
- Experience working on or with software tools related to omni-channel marketing or customer experience automation
- Experience with international research, localization, and/or fluency in multiple languages
- Experience facilitating design thinking, co-design, and brainstorming sessions
Nice to have
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.